Here is my personal arsenal of “Fear-Fighting Scriptures” that have helped me to guard my heart during times when facts and realities have attempted to sabotage my faith. Meditate on and memorize these passages and see your peace of mind begin to surpass your understanding.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you.
- Be strong and of good courage… do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord God — my God — will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you…
1 Chronicles 28:20
- The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
- Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.
- In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
- “…the righteous will be in everlasting remembrance. He will not be afraid of evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is established; He will not be afraid…”
- Do not be afraid of sudden terror, Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; For the Lord will be your confidence…
- Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.
- I, even I, am He who comforts you. Who are you that you should be afraid of a man who will die, and of the son of a man who will be made like grass?
- Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God,which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.